In the hope that COVID ’19 pandemic will be overcome by spring 2022, the 5th Changing Cities international conference will take place in Corfu Island, 20-25 June 2022.
The conference is organized by UNIVERSITY OF THESSALY, Lab of urban Morphology and Design, Department of Planning & Regional Development, Volos, Greece, in co-organisation with Ionian University, Department of History, Corfu Island, Greece.
In the framework of pandemic difficulties witnessed by all of us in cities, the main conference theme is devoted to “Making our Cities Resilient in times of Pandemics”. As always, other conference thematic axis focus on
- Resilient Cities and Historical Centres Management,
- Urban Design in Planning,
- Sustainable Urban Planning & Development,
- Cultural Heritage Management,
- Historical Centres of Cities,
- Urban Landscapes, Landscape Planning & Design,
- Architectural Design & New Technologies,
- Urban Cultures & Public Open Spaces,
- Enviromental Urban Planning,
- Green Architecture & Urban Design,
- Trasportation Planning and Policy in Cities,
- Urban Planning Laws, Real Estate & Property Rights,
- Urban Economies and Spatial Impacts,
- Cultural and Built Heritage Management,
- Place Marketing & City Branding,
- Climate Change, Circular Economy and Sustainable Development,
- Urban Societies and Multiculturalism,
- Migration, Multinational and Multicultural Societies & Urban Planning,
- Smart Cities,
- Shrinking Cities,
- Divided Cities.
The cultural activities of the 5th conference include a one-day cruise to Paxos island located close to Corfu Island.
All conference information will be gradually uploaded on the conference website https://changingcities.prd.uth.gr
Please stay tuned!! We promise to again organize a creative, big international academic event! We invite you all and we look forward meeting you all in Corfu!
**CALL FOR ABSTRACTS**
We are pleased to inform you that the call for Abstracts is open:
YOU CAN NOW SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT VIA THE ONLINE SUBMISSION SYSTEM
Abstract submission: February 15th 2022.
Full Paper submission (Optional): April 3rd 2022